Denis Busch started Busch's Auto Supplies on July 1, 1970 at 718 Central Avenue using 750 square feet of a building owned by his father. With the help of a loan from FBDB for $20,000, he was able to purchase the inventory from an inactive Bearing Supply store. Within the first year of operating, Denis was forced to expand to use the entire building (1300 sq.ft.).

Sales continued to grow and Denis puchased Fort Frances Steel & Welding on Front Street from his uncle Art Busch in the Fall of 1976. Busch's continued to operate out of the 2 existing locations with plans for a new building.

Originally a new building was to be erected at the Front Street location but lack of parking space was a problem and with an offer to purchase the exisitng Busch's location property from the Hospital, Denis purchased 3 acres of land in the newly developed Industrial Park in Fort Frances.

Site preparation and construction of the new building began in September 1981. The building was completed during extreme cold weather in 1982. The Grand Opening took place on June 19, 1982.


Busch's Auto and Industrial Supplies offers customers a wide range or supplies. They are a member of Best Buy Auto Parts, a Canadian company that offers to its members quality, name-brand auto parts at low prices.

Busch's offers welding services, industrial supplies and custom fabrication of steel railings, stairs and slashers. Most welding repair (big and small), and hydraulic cylinder repairs. Busch's is a proud distributor of PRAXAIR welding supplies.